Currently interim director of library services at Delta State University, Jeff also serves as vice president/president-elect of the Mississippi Library Association. Additionally, he is an active member of MLA, SELA, NASIG, ACRL, and ALA and serves as a peer reviewer for multiple publications. A recipient of the North American Serials Interest Group Horizon Award and a faculty inductee of the Omicron Delta Kappa National Honor Society, Jeff received his BA from the University of Iowa and his MA in information resources and library science from the University of Arizona. He has published articles relating to all aspects of the library profession and has given related presentations across the US.
- Slagell, J. (2000). Academic librarianship in a digital age. Mississippi Libraries, 64 (4), 116-118.
- Slagell, J. (2001). Library profile – W.B. Roberts Library. Against the Grain, 13 (5), 68-69.
- Slagell, J. (2002). An interview with Sam Brooks. Serials Review, 28 (2), 142-150.
- Slagell, J. (2003). E-journal management systems. The Serials Librarian, 45 (3), 119-124.
- Slagell, J. (2004). Linking e-journals and customer service: The serials information chain panel session. The Serials Librarian, 47 (3), 153-156.