“Libraries always remind me that there are
good things in this world” - Lauren Ward
National Library Week in the US is April 19 - 25. This annual celebration highlights the valuable role libraries, librarians, and library workers play in transforming lives and strengthening communities. The theme for National Library Week 2020, "Find your place in the library," was chosen some time ago before anyone would imagine the emergence of a global pandemic that has forced most libraries to temporarily close their physical spaces. Academic libraries are responding by offering new or expanded resources and services to ensure their users have access to what they need.
Thank you to all the librarians and information science professionals - from all over the world - who contribute to Library Connect articles, webinars and special content. Here are some recent articles and resources that may be of interest to you.
- You're an amazing librarian! Does your profile say so?
- COVID-19 resources for librarians and their library users
- RDMLA: a free training course for librarians
- Faculty profiles as gateways to library services
- Raising the visibility of your institution and researchers
- Scopus author profile tips from a research impact librarian
- Benefits of using a reference manager: From the lens of a student turned librarian
- Building smart library services through innovation and internation collaboration
- Setting researchers up for success with better workflow (including remotely)
- Tips to enhance your researcher's productivity
- Webinar - April 29: Options to provide remote access to Elsevier platforms and tools
- Novel Coronavirus Information Center - Elsevier's free health and medial research site for the novel coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) and COVID-19
- Library Resilience Center – Useful resources for librarians and their users that is updated regularly as more information and resources become available.
- Author Resilience Center - Resources to share with your authors who are continuing, as much as possible, with their publishing activities
- Editor Resilience Center - Resources to share with editors who are continuing, as much as possible, with their editing activities