Does cinnamon smell as good during summertime as in December?
Are you ready for some drastic measures to keep your tree fresh?
Have you considered how many spins occur in the dreidel game?
Our colleagues at ScienceDirect selected a handful of holiday articles to share with our readers.
Effectiveness of I–V watering devices in maintaining postharvest freshness and quality of cut Christmas trees, Postharvest Biology and Technology
Odor attributes change in relation to the time of the year. Cinnamon odor is more familiar and pleasant during Christmas season than summertime, Appetite
Dreidel lasts spins, Advances in Applied Mathematics
The resolution solution: Longitudinal examination of New Year's change attempts, Journal of Substance Abuse
Combustion particles emitted during church services: Implications for human respiratory health, Environment International
Article image from: Wagner, Gunter P., and Lynch, Vincent J., "The gene regulatory logic of transcription factor evolution," Trends in Ecology & Evolution, Cell Press, Volume 23, Issue 7, July 2008, Pages 377–385
The ScienceDirect team also shared some tips to help you get the most out of your ScienceDirect experience. Did you know you can:
- Find Related Articles on the article page’s righthand side.
- Perform an image search to find scientific images – even on holiday topics!
- Set up alerts and RSS feeds to stay informed when you’re away from your office.
- Read ScienceDirect articles on your e-reader or mobile devices.
- Give the gift of remote access to your department by submitting its domain name to the Elsevier Helpdesk; your researchers can then set up remote access themselves via an activation link within their login screen.