Part of mentoring junior faculty includes guiding them on the publication process. In many cases, this guidance is provided by a liaison or subject area librarian. These librarians may find the How to Get Published booklet useful in their efforts. It covers 12 key topics within journal publishing.
- Why publish with Elsevier?
- How to write a scientific article
- Language editing and quality
- Choosing the right journal, article formatting and cover letter
- Elsevier Editorial System (EES) and peer review
- After your article has been accepted
- Authors' rights and responsibilities
- Ethics and plagiarism
- Open access
- Online products – SciVerse ScienceDirect, Scirus and SciVerse Scopus
- Impact Factors and other quality measures
- Helpful websites
Access the booklet online or request print copies by e-mailing Gwen van der Heide (firstname.lastname@example.org).