SUBMISSIONS ARE NOW CLOSED for the 2014 Elsevier Library Connect Charleston Conference Award.
Check back here for the awardee announcement in September.
Read about the 2013 winner — Sherri Michaels, Head of Collection Management, Indiana University Bloomington
Read about the 2012 winner — Maliaca Oxnam, Associate Librarian, University of Arizona.
The 2014 Elsevier Library Connect Charleston Conference Award will provide up to US $1,500 to a qualifying librarian who has been accepted to present at the 34th Annual Charleston Conference for the first time.
Amount awarded: up to US $1,500, to be used for registration costs, economy class airfare and hotel expenses to attend the 34th Annual Charleston Conference
Application deadline: September 2, 2014
- Be domiciled in the US or Canada (excluding Quebec)
- Be currently employed or affiliated with an institution with a strong research and teaching mission
- Have been accepted to present at the 34th Annual Charleston Conference
- Have never previously presented at the Charleston Conference
The application form must be submitted by September 2, 2014. The recipient will be notified by September 16, 2014 and must attend the 34th Annual Charleston Conference. He/she will be requested to write an article to the Library Connect Newsletter on the topic of his/her presentation at the Conference.
Our panel of three judges will select one recipient based upon the following criteria:
- Is it a topic related to research libraries?
- How innovative is the content?
- Does it show/propose librarians in a new role?
- Does it show how libraries/librarians add value to the research process?
- Does it show/propose initiatives that are replicable in other institutions?
Jury members are:
- Keith Cogdill, Director, NIH Library
- Kira Cooper – Global Customer Engagement Director, Elsevier
- John McDonald – Associate Dean for Collections, USC Libraries
Please check the Official Rules.
SUBMISSIONS ARE NOW OPEN for the 2014 Elsevier Library Connect Charleston Conference Award.